A happy team is a productive team. Period.
Money isn't everything. Yes of course it helps, but first off we like to feel appreciated and respected. Listened to and valued. Trusted and empowered. Reward and incentive travel is a great way of showing your team you care!
Building experiences together outside the office is proven in so many different studies to increase productivity, which in turn produces more money anyway, so for sure reward travel, social events and get-together's are strongly encouraged here at GapWeeks!
However you don't want to over-do it either. A quality Christmas party is top of our list for any company outing. If you only have one staff event per year, this is it. Number two on the list is a reward trip that staff can strive for a place on. It creates a sense of camaraderie in the run up to, during and post trip. And the fact it was earnt can also increase the sense of satisfaction for those who achieved a place. For those who do not, ensuring the trip is an annual one means you can encourage them to strive for a place on next year's trip.
Don't just take our word for it!
- '100% of Best-in-Class companies (those with the highest customer retention and sales growth) offer group travel to recognize year-end sales success' - Aberdeen Research (source)
- 'Incentive travel is not just for sales. Of companies that run awards programs, 53% use incentive travel to recognize sales, 43% to recognize employees, 33% to recognize channel partners, and 27% to recognize customer loyalty' - Incentive Research Federation (source)
- 'Employees who have good quality jobs and are managed well, will not only be happier, healthier and more fulfilled, but are also more likely to drive productivity, better products or services, and innovation. This mutual gains view of motivation and people management lies at the heart of employee engagement.' - CIPD (source)
- 'Almost half of UK employees have admitted to not going above and beyond at work because they think that they won’t be acknowledged (46%) or rewarded (47%).' - BUPA (source)
- 'Employee productivity with companies that offer incentive programs is 14% higher than those that do not offer any....(...)...Companies that offer incentives and contests experience a 28% decrease in employee dissatisfaction vs other companies that do not have such frameworks in place.' - Bersin group (source)
- 'Engaged companies grow profits as much as 3X faster than their competitors & highly engaged employees are 87 percent less likely to leave the organization.' - Corporate Leadership Council (source)
- '69% of employees say they would work harder if they felt their efforts were better recognized' - Linked In (source)
We have plenty more stats and studies to back all this up by the way, so by all means do contact us for a further reading list!